The Weidmuller ACT20C series was specially developed for applications with continuous processes. It enables the continuous monitoring of diagnostic, device, and process information (“condition monitoring”). Several ACT20C components form a station which consists of an ACT20C Ethernet gateway, communicative ACT20C signal converters, and an ACT20C bus termination terminal.
The components of the ACT20C series are intended for use in industrial automation. An ACT20C station with a gateway and connected modules is intended for diagnostics, remote access, and condition monitoring of systems or parts of systems. All modules of a station are integrated into a communication network and connected with superordinate systems via a gateway. The ACT20C components correspond to protection class IP20 (acc. to DIN EN 60529). They can be used in the safe zone. Observance of the supplied documentation is part of the intended use. The station described in this manual may only be used for the intended applications and only in connection with certified third-party devices or components.
• Read and follow all instructions in this manual.
• Only take an ACT20C station into operation if all
components are in good condition if it is to be used as intended if it complies with all safety instructions if all the dangers are known and if all instructions in this manual have been complied with.
• Make sure that this manual and any other relevant documents are complete, readable, and accessible to the employees at all times.
• The responsibility for the safety of a system containing this station lies with the operator of the system, who should also ensure safety during assembly and operation.
Dimensions and weights
- Height: 117.2 mm
- Width : 22.5 mm
- Depth : 113.6 mm
- Height (inches) : 4.614 inch
- Width (inches) : 0.886 inch
- Depth (inches) : 4.472 inch
- Net weight : 150 g
- Humidity : 5…95 %, no condensation
- Operating temperature : min. -25 °C
- Storage temperature : min. -40 °C
- Ambient temperature : -25 °C…+60 °C
- Operating temperature : max. 60 °C
- Storage temperature : max. 85 °C
- Operating temperature : -20 °C…70 °C
- Storage temperature : -40 °C…85 °C
Probability of failure
- MTTF : 160 Years
Environmental Product Compliance
- REACH SVHC : Lead 7439-92-1
DHCP or manual adjustment
With FDT/DTM software, DHCP
Ethernet 10/100 Base T, Jack plug for CBX200, Communication via CH20M rail bus with all current measuring transducers (ACT20CCMT-x)
Modbus/TCP, DHCP Server/Client
- RJ45 ports
10/100BaseT(X), auto negotiation
- Type : receives data via the CH20M rail bus from several ACT20C-CMT communicative currentmeasuring transducers.
With FDT/DTM software, DHCP
- Power consumption
- Voltage supply
18.0 … 31.2 V DC
- EMC standards
- Pollution severity
- Impulse withstand voltage
0,5 kV (1.2/50 μs)
- Surge voltage category
- Rated voltage ⁄ test voltage: Ethernet interface to supply ⁄ functional earth to Supply ⁄ Ethernet interface
30 V AC RMS
- Type of connection : Screw connection/ RJ45 plug-in connector
- Tightening torque, min : 0.5 Nm
- Tightening torque, max : 3.5 Lb In
- Clamping range, rated connection : 1.5 mm²
- Clamping range, min. : 0.5 mm²
- Clamping range, max. : 2.5 mm²
- Wire connection cross section AWG, min. : AWG 30
- Wire connection cross section AWG, max. : AWG 14
- Wire cross-section, solid, min. : 0.5 mm²
- Wire cross-section, solid, max. : 2.5 mm²
- Wire connection cross-section, finely stranded, min. : 0.5 mm²
- Wire connection cross section, finely stranded, max. : 2.5 mm²
- ETIM 6.0 : EC002475
- ETIM 7.0 : EC002475
- eClass 9.0 : 27-21-01-23
- eClass 9.1 : 27-21-01-23
- eClass 10.0 : 27-21-01-23
- ROHS : Conform
Several ACT20C components form a station, which consists of an ACT20C Ethernet gateway, communicative ACT20C signal converters, and an ACT20C bus termination terminal. The components are mounted on a DIN rail with an integrated bus profile to enable the combined transmission of communication signals and supply voltage (see also chapter 5.2 “Installation”).
In addition to the analogue output signal (A), e.g. as 4…20 mA signal, status and process information of all components of the station are available via the network connection (B) of the gateway. This contains information on
• installation conditions (e.g. cable breakage, short-circuit)
• ambient and operating conditions (e.g. operating life, measuring over range, limit value violation)
• connected devices (e.g. service life, frequency of use)
The operational status of the gateway and each module is classified on the basis of NE107 and can be adapted to application-specific requirements. This is indicated by a LED on the front according to NE44.
“Plug & Produce”
The commissioning of the station is supported by station management in the gateway. This means
that the initial commissioning and module exchange are possible during operation without the
use of a software tool (“Plug & Produce”).
Software parameterization according to the FDT standard
Parameterisation of the components is carried out with the WI-Manager software and the associated device drivers (DTM) of the ACT20C product series (C). This software is an application based on the standardized FDT technology (Field Device Tool) for Microsoft Windows and allows central adaptation of the components to the respective application. Besides simple parameterization, the WI-Manager and DTMs also enable the evaluation of measurement and diagnostic data. This data is also available to the superordinate control or maintenance system (C) directly over Ethernet.
In a station, individual modules can be pulled during operation (“hot swapping”) and replaced by replacement modules of the same type without impairing the operational status of the other modules. The “Plug & Produce” function enables the new module to accept the configuration directly from the gateway without needing to use the WI-Manager software. “Hot swapping” is supported by the connection system of an ACT20C device, which enables simple, coded plugging and release of the female plug using the release lever.
Reference : weidmueller.com
- Weidmuller IT-TIMER Analogue Signal Processing
- AX Series Chassis Mount, Amphenol-XLR Connectors
- Weidmuller ACT20C Current Measuring Transducers
- Weidmuller Heavy Duty Connector
- Weidmuller ACT20C Network compatible Signal Converters
- AC SERIES, Amphenol-XLR CABLE CONNECTORS
- AX Series XLR, Amphenol-Cable Connectors
- XLR Connector, Amphenol-AC Series PCB Chassis Mount (B Type)