How to be an Entrepreneur? When we heard that there will be a seminar about business what we do first is, register ourselves as a participant. Proudly, we attend the event from dusk until dawn, and in every session, with themes and information that have already been determined, anything brought before us by the interviewee or motivator that amazes our hearts and eyes. Becoming an entrepreneur was actually not really that hard and does not require a lot of money. When going home, we carried all kinds of certificates and admiration for the motivator which we thought going to make changes mengena in ourselves, our wallet, time, situation, etc.
On the same day, the stacked newspapers were brought to the table again, followed by searching for magazines, tabloids, and books that have long been piled up in the house. Turned back and forth, and looked for articles to find the right ingredients to start running a business properly. Still, it is considered lacking. The last move to foster entrepreneurial courage is to Google, starting from what kind of business is suitable for us, suitable with time we have only during the weekend, suitable with our savings at the bank, suitable with our hobbies, suitable with our skills, suitable with our experience, suitable with our colleagues and relations, and last but not least, suitable with our family (wife & child)When a suitable match is found and choices can be chosen, the next step is to increase your education by attending seminars or further seminars, workshop, talk show, discussions and reading a lot of book titles, writings in magazines, business tabloids and newspapers.
With certainty we will start a business by making a plan (business plan), schedule and pattern of the grand opening, plan for determining the standard quality of subordinates, plan for subordinate training, plan for a place that is suitable and strategic, and all the bad things that should be planned thoroughly and in detail.
Then start making financial planning by calculating operational costs, from renting a space to investment in desks, chairs, machinery, tools, equipment, transportation, etc. From these calculations, prices were determined, which aside from all those components, also included bank interest and sufficient margin.
The preparation was so thorough, the plan was prepared along with a solution (problem-solving) from options 2, 3, 4, up to 10, if option 1 fails.
Even the plan has been made really thoroughly that if the business turns out to be growing rapidly, paperwork has been made: rules for employees, and family members who will invest their money and including a thorough study on how to apply for additional capital to finances.
Everything was prepared, analyzed carefully, and a model was made after it, and it would take roughly 6 months to actually make it perfect.
Then it comes down to one question:
What guarantees that the business would be successful with such thorough planning?
And they all answer with confidence: There is no guarantee.
1. Because planning too thoroughly is not the characteristic of the brave. What will happen is, if you overcook something, it becomes charred, or if you ended up burning it up, it could turn into ashes (Entrepreneurs need to have strong mental and courage)
2. Entrepreneur does not have a thorough or detailed plan. They have intuition and the ability to resolve the problem that arises accordingly. (because facing unpredictable problems is a learning process)
3. The so-called perfect plan does not exist in the business world, instead business does improvement and creativity.
4. Perfect plan can only be made by experts (consultants) in each of their respective fields (human resource, advertising, marketing, etc)
5. Perfect plan only executed by the investor. The mindset and actions mentioned above are only done by investors, not by the business practitioner.
6. Do not act and plan as if you are an investor if you only have the money to run a business on a scale of a local street stall.
For these reasons above, we must realize that everyone wants to achieve a better future in life. To avoid a future where our body is weakening and we are not able to work and there is no income, yet the living cost is higher, namely, the time when we are 55 or above, pensioner.
Too many entrepreneurial learners are stranded and have no more courage to try because of the apparent and deterrent experience, which is due to the behavior of imitating the style of investors, namely by starting to invest (your savings) because your family or friends persuaded you with a fast return and impossible profits, makes you consider the investment as a side income, makes you consider a small business income is a side business.
This unconsciously resulted in us putting aside all issues and doubts that arose related to the money we invested, and most likely ended up with the collapse of the business or our investment being taken away by fraudsters, or our inability to withdraw our profits in exchange for our investment in a business.
If you as an employee succeed at the same time in both career and entrepreneurship, what needs to be done is:
- Be assured that to be able to organize the future of your business is not an easy thing like turning your palm
- Get rid of your easily embarrassed, feeling inferior attitude. Instead have an attitude of humility, a little frugality, a little more patience, a little more disciplined, a little more tenacious (hard work), a little more rigid (not whiny)
- Build a business with measurable capital because learning needs to sacrifice time, money, energy, mind, etc (it does not necessarily have to be a lot of money even if you have it)
- Build your intuition and entrepreneurial spirit by running a business with energy, mind, and family. Remember, the experience will not come suddenly but it takes time. Master your efforts from A-Z even though you still have to consult others later on.
- Change your mindset from “Experience is the most valuable teacher” to “Find and learn even the smallest experience” by opening your eyes and heart as wide and wide as possible to gain experience from those who succeed.
- Look for mentors, teachers, and so on so that you do not always seek your own justification.
- Start opening a business and always look for and follow training simultaneously to help you solve all the problems that arise and plan development better.
- Sharpen your ability to oversee, imitate, and modify or improve everything.
Once again, overcook = charred = burnt = ash. Good luck.