Rheonik RHM40 Coriolis Mass Flow Sensor offers a low-pressure drop and exceptional turndown capability. Designed for general process applications, the RHM 40 is available with a choice of materials and the highest pressure ratings.
- Range: 20 kg/min up to 1500 kg/min
- Pressure: up to 380 bar (5511 psi)
- Temperature: -196°C (-321°F) up to +350°C (662°F)
- Accuracy: 0.1 % of the rate
- Materials: SS 316L / SS 316Ti, Alloy C22 – 2.4602, Super Duplex – 1.4410
- Process Connection: 2″ up to 3″
|Nominal Flow (Qₙₒₘ)*||1200 kg/min (2645.6 lb/min)|
|Maximum Flow (Qₘₐₓ)*||1500 kg/min (3306.9 lb/min)|
|Typical Minimum Flow (Qₘᵢₙ)*||20 kg/min (44.1 lb/min)|
|Serial Tube / Single Path||Flow rates Qmax, Qnom, and Qmin for “serial” sensors will be 50% of the above-listed parallel/dual path version.|
|Operating Temperature||Fluid temperature range options cover applications from -196°C to +350°C (-320°F to +662°F). For integral transmitter versions please refer to the transmitter datasheet|
|Ambient Temperature||-50 °C to +80 °C (-60 °F to +180 °F) (standard)|
|Pressure Ratings||Up to 433 bar / 6280 psi – dependent upon material|
|Electrical Connection Sensor|
w/o Integral Transmitter
|M20 x 1.5 standard cable entry for JM, SM terminal box versions|
Optional entries available : ½” NPT or M25 x 1.5 (only for SM) or ¾” NPT (only for SM)
Max. cable length to remote RHE transmitter 100 m / 328 ft
|Sensor Enclosure Materials||Stainless steel 304 (standard), SS 316 (optional)|
Coated aluminum terminal box, SS 316 terminal box (optional)
|Enclosure Type||Protection class IP66, NEMA 4X (standard), IP66/67, NEMA 4X/6 (optional)|
|Wetted Materials||1.4571 (SS 316Ti), 1.4410 (SuperDuplex), 2.4602 (Alloy C22) – standard|
Tantalum – Consult Factory
Additional/customer-specific materials available upon request
|Process Connections||Nearly any – the Rheonik AnyPipeFit Commitment. Consult the factory for types/sizes not listed in this data sheet on the Mechanical Construction pages|
|Pressure Rating Compliance||Europe – PED: Module A2, Module B3.1+C2|
Canada – CRN: Canadian Registration Number
|Certifications and Approvals||ATEX / IECEx Approvals for Zone 0, 1, 2 (details see page 12)|
North American Approvals Class I, Div. 1, 2, Gr. A,B,C, D, Zone 0, 1, 2
MID custody transfer approval (OIML R117)
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Product Type Approval for use on marine vessels
|Testing and Inspection||All sensors are hydro-tested, calibrated, and supplied with a traceable calibration certificate. Customized calibration and testing services are available|
|Project Documentation and QA, Services||Rheonik offers a full set of services for large and complex engineering projects.|
Typical services offered are, but are not limited to:•Certificates of origin and conformity, mill certificates•Data books including WPAR, WQS, NDT, test & quality plans, functional testing, calibration procedures, customized packing, factory acceptance etc.
•Painting to project specification
•Start up and commissioning services on/offshore
|Options||Enclosure heating for high-temperature applications|
Cleaning for oxygen service, …
For more consult the factory
Typical applications include:
- General Flow Control
- Plant Balance
- Terminal Transfer
- Mixing and Batching
- High Temperature Fluids
- Barge, Ship, Rail Car, and Truck Filing
- The typical measuring range is up to 1500 kg/min (3306.93 lb/min)
- Pressure ratings up to 433 bar (6280 psi)
- Temperature ratings from -196 to +350 °C (-320 to +662°F) – extended on request
- Mass flow uncertainty down to 0.1 %
- Repeatability down to 0.05 %
- 4 kHz measurement updates and response time of less than 10 ms when used with RHE 40 Series transmitters
- Accurately measure flow rates down to 20 kg/min
- The Rheonik AnyPipeFit Commitment provides custom process connection type and size flexibility on any meter to suit your existing plant, saving time and expense on installation costs
- Approved for use in hazardous areas
- SS 304 Stainless steel enclosure, SS 316 optional
- Integral and remote transmitter versions are available
Sensors are manufactured with two internal measurement tubes arranged side by side. In parallel or dual path sensors (order code Pxx), these tubes are connected in parallel and the flowing fluid is split equally between them. In serial or single-path sensors (order code Sxx), the internal tubes are connected end to end, creating a single path through which all fluid flows.
- Flow Measurement Uncertainty
Selected Sensors down to ±0.10 % ¹ of rate (Gold Line)
Standard Sensors down to ±0.15 % ² of rate
- Flow Measurement Repeatability
Down to ±0.05 % of rate
- Temperature Measurement
Better than ±1 °C
- Density Calibration (Liquid)
Selected Sensors down to ±0.0005 kg/liter (Gold Line)
Standard Sensors down to ±0.001 kg/liter
Read More: Kelebihan dan Kekurangan Doppler Flow Meter
The maximum pressure (Pmax) of a sensor is determined by its lowest-rated part. The lowest rated part can be either the measurement tube (Pmax indicated below), the connection block/manifold
(Pmax indicated in the mechanical construction section) or the process connection (for Pmax see published standards or manufacturer information).
All uncertainty statements refer to reference conditions – the mass flow of water, 18 – 24 °C, 1 – 3 bar in a standard temperature, pressure, and material configuration sensor. The sensor can be used to measure gas – uncertainty values for gas equal to the liquid value plus 0.3 %. Reference conditions for gas are mass flow of natural gas, 18 – 24 °C, 35 to 100 bar in a standard temperature, pressure, and material configuration sensor.
The turn-down capability from Qnom of the flow sensor is mainly driven by its zero-point stability. At the very low end of the measuring range, the uncertainty (u) is dominated by zero-point stability. The zero point stability of a standard sensor is 0.000036 kg/min (0.000079 lbs/min). The zero stability of a Gold Line sensor is 0.000019 kg/min (0.000042 lbs/min).
For flow Q ≥ zero stability / (calibration uncertainty/100) u = calibration uncertainty
For flow Q < zero stability / (calibration uncertainty/100) u = (zero stability/Q) x 100
Read More: Apa itu Vortex Flow Meter?
- If sensors are not zeroed at operating conditions, minor additional uncertainties can arise from elevated temperatures and pressures: ±0.00308 % of maximum flow per °C and ±0.0208 % of maximum flow per bar.
- Process temperature effect on density: additional uncertainty of ±0.000641 g/cm³ per °C difference from calibration temperature with standard density calibration and of ±0.000073 g/cm³ per °C difference from calibration temperature with enhanced density calibration. This effect can be mitigated by a simple field density adjustment at operating conditions.
- Process pressure effect on mass flow: The effect of pressure on flow measurement is 0.001 % of the rate per bar. Compensation is possible by pressure sensor input (analog input or digital write) or manual value entry into the transmitter.
- Process pressure effect on density: The effect of pressure on density measurement is 0.00012 g/cc per bar. Compensation is possible by pressure sensor input (analog input or digital write) or manual value entry into the transmitter.
Source : www.rheonik.com