Measuring in manholes, storage tanks, etc.
Extension hoses are available to be attached to the inlet of the gas sampling pump (Model GV-100) and used for remote downward measurement in confined spaces, such as manholes, tanks, etc.
* For twin tube operation, order the Extension hose guard rubber (No.358) . When the extension hose tip needs to be replaced, order the Replacement extension hose guard rubber (No.359) .
351A-30 (for 30m long)
1. Replace the rubber inlet flange clamping nut of the sampling pump by the metal clamping nut of the
extension hose. The metal clamping nut should be firmly tightened to eliminate leakage caused by poor
seal between the flange of the rubber inlet and the pump body.
2. Insert the nipple of the extension hose securely into the pump inlet.
3. Tighten the metal retaining nut firmly and fix the tubing on the pup head.
4. After breaking off tube tips, place the tube into the rubber shroud of the extension hose. The tube must
be attached in the holder so that sample is drawn into the pump in the direction of the arrow (►)printed
on the tube.
5. When use of twin tube, connect rubber tube shroud No. 358 which is sold seperately.
6. When this extension hose is used, sampling time may be different from the instruction manual of detector
tube. Also, correction factor may have to be applied to tube reading. (See below chart for sampling time
and correction factor.) As necessary, multiply the correction factors of temperature, humidity, pump
strokes, extension hose, and atomospheric pressure.(When measuring a gas listed on “APPLICATION
FOR OTHER SUBSTANCES”in the instruction manual, apply the correction factor/scale after these
corrections.) Refer to the instruction manual of your Gastec Gas Detector tube for temperature, humidity,
and pump strokes correction.
Product name : 30 m Extension hose
Product code : No.351A-30
Length : 30m±2%
Outer / Inner diameter : φ5 mm / φ1.5 mm
Weight : 900g (approx.)
Applicable with : GASTEC Gas sampling pump model GV-100 or GV-110.
Optional parts : Rubber shroud No.358