The power monitor is a compact, cost-effective, electric power, and energy metering device intended for use in industrial control applications, such as distribution centers, industrial control panels, and motor control centers. It measures voltage and current in an electrical circuit, meeting revenue accuracy
- Load profiling – log power parameters such as real power, apparent power, and demand, for analysis of power usage by loads over time
- Cost allocation – reporting actual energy cost by department or process to integrate energy information into management decisions
- Billing and sub-billing – charging users of energy the actual usage cost rather than allocating by square footage or other arbitrary methods
- Power system monitoring and control – display and control power flow and energy utilization
- Capacitor bank control – provides real and reactive power values for use in a PLC-based control system
Allen Bradley Bulletin 1408 PowerMonitor™ 1000 is a compact power monitor for load profiling, cost allocation, or energy control. Allen Bradley monitor integrates with your existing energy monitoring systems to provide sub-metering. Allen Bradley PLCs (PLC-5®, SLC®, ControlLogix® family) easily communicate with the PowerMonitor™ 1000 to use energy data in control systems.